REPORT OF THE HACFO 2018 MISSION OUTREACH & TOWN HALL MEETING (ZAMFARA STATE 2018)
2018 Theme: THE REDEFINING MOMENT (REBUILDING THE ANCIENT LANDMARK)
Conducted by the Hausa Christians Foundation HACFO, on the 30th June, 2018
We count it all joy to partake of God’s grace in reaching out to the Hausa Christians of Zamfara State on the 30th of June, 2018. The meeting was indeed a huge success, because as many as came for the program were blessed and impacted in many areas of their lives both spiritual and temporal. We saw many came hungry and expectant of so much from God; thank God He met all at the points of their needs.
KEY EVENTS AT THE OUTREACH
- MISSION OUTREACH/TOWN HALL MEETING
- Spiritual Exhortation
- Sensitization and Empowerment Lectures
- Human right enlightenment seminars
- Agribusiness Seminars
- Blueprints for the progress of the Hausa Christians in Nigeria.
- Situational reports of the current states of the the Hausa Christians in Zamfara State
- EDUCATIONAL OUTREACH
To the Glory of God, with the help of our friends and partners from around the world, the Zamfara State Mission outreach featured an educational outreach to empower and motivate Hausa Christian Children with learning materials like School bags, Writing Materials and other Learning Materials. To the glory of God, over 35 Children from different schools benefitted from this kind gesture.
SITUATIONAL REPORTS ON THE CURRENT PLIGHTS OF THE HAUSA CHRISTIANS AND THE ENTIRE CHRISTIANS IN ZAMFARA STATE AS AT 30TH JUNE, 2018
- Deliberate refusal of the Zamfara State Government to employ Christian Religious Knowledge (CRK) Teachers in both the Primary and Secondary schools in Zamfara state, while Islamic Religious Knowledge Teachers are employed and paid in all the schools by the same State Government.
- Denying the few Christian Students in the Government Boarding and day Schools the right to fellowship or do any Christian activities on Sundays and other days. Practical example is GGC Talatan Mafara.
- Refusing any Christian representatives that can protect the interest of the Christians in the Ministry for Religious Affairs of the State.
- Denial of Certificate of indigene to the indigenous Hausa Christians of the State, while the Muslims are freely given without any discrimination.
- Refusing to promote Christians workers working in government offices to the appropriate position.
- Mosques all over the state use loud speakers, but the Churches are prevented from using loud speakers.
- Disconnection of electric power supply from all the Churches and even denying the Church the bill to pay at the electric Authority offices. While the mosques receive power supply free of charge and without any disconnection. According to the Electric Supply Authority of the state, that it is now a new law to disconnect Churches from using the light. ECWA Church Damba and other churches are victims of this discrimination.
- New converts to Christianity are at the risk of being kidnapped and vanishing from the phase of the earth in the state.
- Refusing Christians the right to build churches and acquire landed properties by the government of the state.
- The Christian Burial Ground (Cemetery) that has been in existence for more than 40 years is now filled up, but the Government have refused to allocate more spaces to the Christians to bury their people. That’s how the Christians are still squeezing in those who died in that same cemetery.
- The Christians have been banned from airing any Christian Program in the Zamfara State Radio Station while the Muslims do that every day.
NEED FOR PRAYERS
- Thank God for God’s protection upon the entire team of the Hausa Christians Foundation who had a terrible accidents that could have cost the lives of the entire team who went for the Mission Outreach. Thank God that no life was lost or injured. Pray for God’s provision to fix the two vehicles that got affected as a result.
- Indigenous Minsters/Pastors are retiring every year but there are no replacement. Pray for God to send more labourers into the Harvest Field of the Hausa Land of Zamfara State and to raise more Passionate Hausa Ministers and missionaries who will take over from those who have retired. Pray for the Boldness to preach the Gospel in the Hausa land.
- Pray for the thick veil of Darkness to be lifted up from the entire Hausa Land of Nigeria.
NEED FOR PARNERS/SPONSORS
- We are in need of Christian Missionaries and Trained Teaches who will like to volunteer to teach CRK in the Primary and Secondary Schools of Zamfara state. The Government refused to employ CRK Teachers to teach CRK for the Christian Students in the Schools, but said the Christians can bring their Teachers to teach the CRK provided they will be the ones Sponsor them.
- We need individuals and groups to partner and sponsor the Salary of the teachers who will teach CRK to our children in those schools so as to help them grow in the Knowledge of the Lord. If not, all the Christian Students will continue to take IRK compulsory if not be punished which is the current situation of things in Zamfara State
- Pray for God to touch the heart of the appropriate authorities of the State to give the Christians the opportunity to practice their faith as their fundamental human right.
To Partner with us, you may wish to send your support to us through:
Account Name: Hausa Christians Foundation
Account Number: 0261749307
For more information please contact us through: